Request for Proposals – RFP event planner SOADI event 2017
The Southern Ontario Aboriginal Diabetes Initiative seeks an experienced event planner to provide conference coordination services to organize the delivery of SOADI’s annual conference in Niagara Falls.
Overview of Conference
SOADI’s 15th annual conference will take place over 2 days targeting front line workers from across Ontario as well as an evening social for community members. The workshops as part of the overall conference will showcase best practices in Diabetes management, prevention and treatment as well as aspect of healthy living. The expected delivery timeframe is September 2017.
Statement of Work
The Conference Coordinator will provide a number of services related to organizing and delivering SOADI’s 20th anniversary gathering/conference. In particular, the Conference Coordinator will:
- Research and contact conference sponsors and partners
- Source conference location space
- Develop work plan for conference delivery
- Develop and plan the conference structure and invite speakers and organize workshops
- Develop and plan simultaneous health fair and craft vendor space for duration of conference
- Prepare and oversee promotional and marketing materials for conference
- Ensure facilities and conference venues are ready for conference
- Register participants and prepare conference materials including final report and evaluation
- Translate the SOADI board and teams vision of the gathering based on group feedback and develop conference themes to produce the desired outcomes
- Work within budgetary allowances
- Facilitate hotel room bookings
- Participate in conference committee calls and insure action items that pertain to the conference coordinator are completedInsure cultural relevance is maintained throughout the conference and planning process including the inviting and accommodating of Elders and respecting local Tradition and process
- Work within timeframes for all deliverables
Qualifications and Experience
The consultant must clearly identify each individual proposed for this requirement and demonstrate the following qualifications and experience for each of the proposal individuals supported by their curriculum vitae.
- A preference will be given to applicants of Aboriginal ancestry
- Minimum of two years’ experience in managing similar services for Aboriginal organizations and groups
- The Consultant must provide evidence of the above criteria by submitting relevant details for whom the services were provided (as follows):
- The project values and time frames for this project
- The description of a similar project carried out by consultant/team
- Contact information for whom the services were provided
- Reference letters from past clients for these services
Due to quick delivery expectations, please submit your proposal and the above information by February 11th at 5pm by email to:
If you require further information please email Roslynn Baird at the above email address or call 1-888-514-1370.