Anii, Sago, She:ken, Boozhoo, Bonjour, Tunngasugit, ᑐᓐᖓᓱᒋᑦ , Welcome
The Southern Ontario Aboriginal Diabetes Initiative is a community based organization established for the development, and enhancement of programs and services focusing on education, prevention, and management of diabetes in Indigenous communities.
Indigenous peoples will be empowered to make healthy choices and live free of diabetes, now and in future generations.
SOADI will achieve the vision by empowering communities, families and individuals in the following manner:
- Promoting holistic wellness through mental, physical, spiritual, and emotional balance
- Incorporating and providing traditional teachings in programming and resources
- Providing education, prevention material and initiatives
- Recognizing and respecting personal choices, autonomy, and diversity
- Promoting partnerships and knowledge sharing